North Central Florida has one of the richest tree canopies in the US. In fact, many of its cities are recognized by the arbor day foundation as a “Tree City” and Gainesville has been honored as a Tree City of The World.
Because of this, there is no shortage of tree service companies in the area. From one-man operations to corporations that operate nationwide, you have a lot of selection in choosing who to care for your trees. Many of the local tree care companies in the area have experienced staff, great reviews, excellent service, and work within your budget.
So… how should you differentiate one tree service company from another?
One thing to consider is whether or not they have a certified arborist on staff.
Why Hire An Arborist?
Arborists, or tree surgeons, specialize in the care and management of trees. Not only are they extremely knowledgeable about the needs of your trees, but they are also trained to communicate and administer proper tree care.
Proper tree care is a small investment that can lead to long-term returns. Well maintained trees are not only attractive but can actually add value to your home and property. Conversely, trees that aren’t cared for can be a huge liability.
Just like with your personal health, it can be hard to know the warning signs of a problem until we start to see physical issues. This is why you should schedule regular checkups with a doctor. The same is true for your trees. Often, trees may be experiencing issues that can only be diagnosed by a certified professional.
Why Hire A Tree Service Company With An Arborist On Staff?
While there are dozens of tree service companies in the area, only a select few can claim to have a certified arborist on staff. Having a certified arborist on staff comes with a number of benefits. A tree service company with an arborist on staff can:
- Offer suggestions to trim and prune that will improve the health, safety, and appearance of your trees.
- Determine whether a dying or diseased tree needs to be removed or whether it can be rehabilitated.
- Evaluate your property and make tree service recommendations in view of upcoming storms, building plans, public utilities, or light and water needs.
While most cities and municipalities offer arborist services that any homeowner or tree service company can take advantage of, these services are often prohibitive in terms of time and/or cost. Hiring a tree service company with a certified arborist on staff ensures that you won’t experience any delays in getting proper consultation on the needs of your trees and that these services and fees aren’t outsourced.
Effectively, hiring a company with a certified arborist on staff means better tree service for your dollar.
Choosing the Right Tree Service Company For the Job
When choosing a tree service company, consider the following questions:
- What are people saying about the company? How are their reviews? Remember, a lack of reviews can be a warning sign, too.
- Do they have the proper insurance and liability? Confirm that they have insurance to protect you and your property in the case of an accident, not just their company and employees.
- Does the company have the necessary equipment to serve you safely and effectively? Lifts, cranes, skid-steers, quality saws, and other well-maintained equipment is paramount to the protection of your home and property.
- What certifications does the company have? ISA? TCIA? These certifications show that they use standards and practices acknowledged by the leaders of the tree service industry.
Gaston’s Tree Service is one of the top-rated tree service companies in the area for good reason. We have the equipment and experience necessary to ensure that your trees are safe, healthy, and beautiful. We also maintain certifications from the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA). Furthermore, Gaston’s Tree Service employs multiple ISA Certified arborists.
If you need your trees trimmed, removed, or simply have questions or concerns about the health, safety, or aesthetics of the trees in your landscape, we’d love to help.